viernes, 3 de febrero de 2017

This and more 7th February 2017

Enid Blyton

Enid Blyton had a stricter policy with her young fans - sending out standard replies to all letters. Blue Peter editor Biddy Baxter recalled writing to the author aged six, during an episode of Desert Island Discs in 2014.
“I had a dreadful experience with Enid Blyton. I had a reply and it was wonderful: the best day of my life.
“Three weeks later I wrote to her again and I received an identical reply.
“I remember bursting into tears and going to see my mother saying: ‘She doesn’t remember me’. That was something I was so aware of. We tried not to send duplicate letters.”

And because of this Ms Baxter enforced a strict policy with her Blue Peter team, ensuring they wrote individualised replies to each child who wrote in, keeping an index to ensure that if a child wrote in twice they would have their first letter referenced in reply to the second one, to let the child know that both letters had been read.


We will continue reading letters from important writers to their fans whch tell a lot about their personality.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario